Thursday, April 11

modular

I have never been a fan of sixties style until today. Coast to Coast's Mod Challenge was one of the first challenges that I just thought to myself, "no way."


I almost didn't even try. 
I googled "Mod Fashion" & "60's Style", and I began to form my own take on "Mod". 

Today made me realize; People in the 60's really knew what they were doing! Babydoll tops, A-line sihouettes, huge sunglasses, LOTS of color. My Twiggy-style makeup today made my eyes look bigger than they ever have. 

So, I commend you, Coast to Coast Challenge. You turned something so undesirable to me into a fun, new fashion interest of mine!

 






{The Outfit Nitty Gritty}
1. Jasmine earrings: mom's
2. crochet peplum: Lily White {TJ Maxx}
3. printed shorts: Forever 21
4. hot pink loafers: Target




I did my own Mod Makeup, and was quite proud of myself! Since most bold makeup trends seemed to be on fair-skinned women, I used browns to create a softer look.




Although it was rainy today, {I always seem to wear these loafers on days that start out pretty, then end up pouring} I was beyond comfortable all day. Sixties style has it going on, so don't be surprised if you see more Mod-inspired pieces sneaking into my outfit posts :)

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday! Yippie!
-hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment